DIY Entry Nook

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!
A new project completed!


We have a cute little nook right behind our front door. It's an odd space but perfect for a bench and a few shelves so I got to work building out the frame!
An easy enough project to frame out with some extra 2x4s laying around.
As we remodel our house we've added some wainscoting here and there. With a little left over I covered up the frame of the bench.
There's an outlet in the nook so that took a little bit of effort to move the plug but worth it. It's the only outlet in our entryway!
I had a few extra crates sitting around so I added wheels and ensured they would roll under the bench.
A little more wainscoting was added to the back wall.
I used a 1x3 to cover the top of the wainscoting and to support the first shelf. These were screwed into the studs.
I attached the shelf to the top of the support board and it was ready to go!
Tada!
Repeated for the 2nd shelf.
Now for the fun part. Painting! I painted the shelves, bottom of the bench and the wainscoting a bright white. The bench top was stained to a similar color as our new floor. I had some leftover paint from our kitchen remodel to touch up the walls. And of course the nook wouldn't be complete without a few hooks.
Final touches! Decorating!!!




Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

  1. This was so much fun and so satisfying to know that it was just a DIY project. I'm sure I can also do this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts